If you ever have wanted to buy the freshest and most edible dry Afang leaf (okazi leaf) without going through the stress of the market? Then look no further than Bellarmart to get the best prices of fresh and edible dry Afang leaf (okazi leaf). On this website you can order for locally farmed and processed Afang leaf (okazi leaf) online and get the best prices of dry Afang leaf (okazi leaf) cheaper than what you will pay in any market around you. At Bellarmart, you can order all kinds of vegetables online at the best prices and still enjoy the freshness you can get from any vegetable you have ordered.
On Bellarmart you can get affordable prices of fresh, edible and low priced vegetables for sale straight from the farm and delivered to your doorstep in any part of Nigeria or abroad.
About Dry Afang leaf (okazi leaf)
The afang leaf (okazi leaf) is called Wild Spinach but most of us are familiar with its native name. The Okazi or afang leaf (Gnetum africanum) is a dark green leafy vegetable with a slight bitter taste commonly found in certain regions of Africa, Asia and South America. In Nigeria, it is commonly used to prepare delicacies such as afang, okazi and nsala soups. Vegetables have many health benefits and the afang leaf is no exception. This leaf is an excellent source of some amino acids such as glutamic acid, aspartic acid and leucine. It also contains many vitamins and minerals. Other health benefits of okazi or afang leaf include:
- Afang leaf is an excellent source of unsaturated fatty acids. Unsaturated fats make up HDL (good cholesterol)
- Okazi or afang leaf contains the amino acid glutamic acid which is important for brain function.
- It contains a good amount of iodine which is necessary for the proper function of the thyroid gland and prevent goitre.
Health Benefits of Dry Afang leaf (okazi leaf)
1. It increases the rate of metabolism in the body system thereby improving loss of weight.
2. It contains anti-parasite, anti-bacteria properties that is needed to cure malaria, therefore for its an anti-malaria.
3. It detoxify the blood, prevents indigestion, rheumatism, scurvy and nourishes the skin.
4. Prevents diabetes, regular intake of bitter leaf in your diet, helps to counter the effects of excess sugar in your blood stream, thereby reducing the high level of sugar in the blood.
5. Cure common skin diseases, such as eczema, ying worms, rashes etc, just by squeezing the leaves and apply it to the parts affected.
6. Bitter leaf juice when taken by nursing mothers, improve the quality and production of breast milk.
7. Cures mild stomach ailment, pile, fight liver problems, and energizes you.
8. Finally its a rich source of vitamins, such as Vitamin A, vitamin B1 & B2 which are needed by our body.