Find out all you need to know about applying potato juice on face overnight and potato juice on skin overnight How to use potato juice for skin whitening, and the use of potato juice for acne scars. You can also find out how to use potato for face pigmentation,how to store potato juice and the side effects of potato juice on face if their is any.
Can potato juice be left on face overnight
The answer to that is yes, Potato juice has numerous benefits for skin and can be left on the face overnight as this can help maximize whatever benefits potato juice has
Potato Juice for Skin
Using this juice for skin health is very popular as it can clear up a huge variety of skin conditions, including dry skin, wrinkles, age spots, inflammation, and wounds. Potato juice helps retain moisture in the skin and clear up flaking, dry skin rapidly.
Potato juice can even soothe conditions like psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, and acne, and prevent and protect skin against infections, thanks to its rich supply of nutrients and vitamins.
Research has shown that potato juice is able to moisturize the skin and deliver antioxidants to the surface of the skin, which can help reduce theof wrinkles and age spots, while also protecting against inflammation and skin infections.
How to Make Potato Juice
Potato juice requires a bit more effort than most vegetable and fruit juices but the juice is definitely worth the squeeze. Again, your immediate urge will be to peel the potatoes, but avoid this, as you will get many more nutrients if you leave it on. In the case of potatoes, you will want to scrub them particularly well, and be sure to cut out any bruises or deep notches of dirt, as well as “eyes”.
2 large potatoes
2 cups of water
- Step 1: Ensure that potatoes are thoroughly scrubbed and clear of eyes and bruising.
- Step 2: Chop the potato into smaller chunks, leaving the skin on.
- Step 3: Add potato and water to the processor and process for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 4: Strain the blended material through a sieve or cheesecloth to remove the juice.
- Step 5: Press the potato pulp or squeeze the cheesecloth to extract as much juice as possible.
- Step 6: Refrigerate the potato juice for 2-3 hours.
- Step 7: Stir well before serving chilled, and enjoy.
Applying potato juice on face overnight
Whatever benefits gotten from potato juice can be harnessed by apply potato juice on the skin. Follow the simple steps above to make potato juice. You can store it in your refrigerator but i believe its better if you make small quantities of the juice daily. The fresher the juice is the better it will work for you. You do not need more than 1 potato for the juice if your using it for your face alone.
DIY Potato Beauty Recipes For Your Eyes:
- Dark Circle Brightener: Applying potato to the undereye area is a safe and natural way to brighten up dark circles. Simply peel and slice a potato in wedges. Place them in a cool washcloth, then let them sit over the eyes for 20 minutes. Rinse.
- Depuffer: Out of cucumbers? Keep some potato slices in the fridge and pop them over your eyes for instant soothing and de-puffing.
- Undereye Wrinkle Blaster: Using a lemon squeezer or juicer, squeeze out the liquid from a potato. Then apply the juice to the undereye area with a cotton pad or ball to fight fine lines.
DIY Potato Beauty Recipes For Your Face:
- Acne Fighter: To help clear skin, apply potato juice directly to blemishes with a Q-tip or wipe the whole face with potato juice, just as you would a toner.
- Exfoliating Toner: Grate a raw potato and mix with 2 Tbsp of lemon juice. Apply to face, avoiding eyes, and let sit for 30 minutes. The mixture will gradually alleviate hyperpigmentation, reduce swelling and exfoliate dry skin cells.
- Cucumber & Potato Cleanser: Cut up one cucumber and one potato into medium pieces and then blend for 20 seconds. Add 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp water to the mixture. Add to a bottle and shake before using – voila! Homemade soothing cleanser.
- Quick Oily Skin Mask: Peel and finely grate a potato, then add rosewater (or rice water) and mix thoroughly. Add 1 tsp lemon juice and apply to face for at least 15 minutes.
- Quick Dry Skin Mask: Everything stays the same as above, but instead of lemon juice, add 1 tsp of honey.
- Anti-Aging Mask: For the food processor-inclined, smooth out a potato and add 1 Tbsp yogurt so you have a fine paste, then apply to the face for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Skin is taut and smooth.
- Post-Procedure Soothing Mask: Apres-Botox, you can place chilled potato circles on swollen, puffy spots. It also helps to soothe after skin peels (or any burns or inflammation). Leave on for 15 minutes; do not apply to open wounds or cuts that are prone to infection.
- Potato & Egg Mask: Mix well 1 egg white and juice from half a potato. Apply to skin with a brush. Leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Potato Face Mask: Soak a tissue, paper towel or washcloth in potato juice (juiced yourself for maximum freshness, or store-bought), then drape over the face for 20 minutes for a flawless complexion. (Extra credit for those who cut out the eye-holes.)
- Moisture Mask: Grate 1 potato and mix it with 2 Tbsp olive oil, then add 1 Tbsp honey. Mix thoroughly, then apply to the skin. Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. The hydrating elements (olive oil, honey) help to replenish the skin while the potato fights fine lines and adds vitamins and minerals.
Side Effects of Potato Juice
Despite all of these impressive health benefits, potato juice can have some negative side effects, including gastrointestinal distress or elevated blood sugar levels. However, these side effects are generally experienced by people who prepare the potato juice incorrectly or drink it in excess. Generally, there are no negative side effects to drinking this vegetable juice.
Diabetes: Potato juice does have a high level of natural sugars, which can be dangerous for anyone with blood sugar issues, such as diabetics. Intake should be moderate in every case but diabetic patients should be especially careful about the glucose-raising qualities of this juice.
Stomach Issues: Preparing this juice with the right potatoes is key, which means that there should be no eyes or pits in the potatoes you blend. There are certain toxins in fresh green shoots of potatoes that can cause diarrhea, stomach upset and nausea, so only clean and fresh potatoes should be used to make this juice.