Determining pregnancy with dettol via a dettol pregnancy test is all about simplicity and convenience for an expectant mother.
Dettol Pregnancy Test
Dettol is the antiseptic solution we all use for any minor cuts and abrasions. Who knew that it could test pregnancy?
What YOu Need For A homemade pregnancy test with dettol
- plastic cup
- your early morning urine sample
How to take the Dettol Pregnancy Test? Pour Dettol in a plastic cup and add your early morning urine sample to this. Keep the ratio 1:3 for Dettol is to urine. Wait for around 5 minutes. Carefully observe the changes that have occurred.
How to interpret Dettol Pregnancy test? If you get a separate layer of urine on the top of Dettol, then you are pregnant. If the separation of urine and Dettol doesn’t happen, then it is a negative pregnancy test result.
How Accurate Are Homemade Pregnancy Tests?
A homemade pregnancy test is only as accurate as a hit and trial method. There is no proper standard percentile for the accuracy of any homemade pregnancy test.
Advantages Of a pregnancy test with dettol
- Homemade pregnancy tests are free.
- Home made pregnancy tests keep your pregnancy secret.
- DIY pregnancy tests are easy and cheap to duplicate.
- You have the benefit of choice as you can always take a second opinion after taking a homemade pregnancy test.
- Those of you who believe in naturopathy might fall for homemade pregnancy test.
Disadvantages Of a pregnancy test with dettol
- Not as accurate as latest commercial pregnancy test kits.
- Cannot detect special medical conditions like chemical pregnancy.
How Does A Homemade Pregnancy Test Work?
- A homemade pregnancy test can detect hCG in your urine.
- This hormone starts coming in your urine once your placenta forms. The placenta is the tissue that nourishes a developing baby.
- The ingredients used for making a homemade pregnancy test are able to react with hCG hormone.
- The homemade pregnancy tests react with hCG and shows a change in color or texture or frothing.
What To Do After Taking A homemade pregnancy test with Dettol ?
- After taking a homemade pregnancy test you should first repeat the same test next morning.
- If you get your desired results then see your doctor otherwise take another kind of homemade pregnancy test.
- Try to get a pregnancy test kit and take a home pregnancy test.
- After that, you should get a doctor’s appointment and get a proper medical examination.
Tips For Taking A Homemade pregnancy Test with Dettol
- Always use a sufficient amount of urine while taking a homemade pregnancy test.
- Be extremely vigilant of slight color changes while taking a homemade pregnancy test.
- Place the container on a white sheet or a white cloth while taking a homemade pregnancy test.
- See the color change in a homemade pregnancy test from every angle.
- Always use a transparent container for taking a homemade pregnancy test.
- Take a homemade pregnancy test following every instruction carefully. Do not simply take normal frothing and frizz as a positive pregnancy test.
- Always get your homemade pregnancy test duplicated.
- Never rely on a single kind of homemade pregnancy test and take different kinds of a homemade pregnancy test.
- Use morning urine sample and wait for at least 5 – 10 minutes before jumping to final conclusions.
- Get yourself tested by a doctor after taking a homemade pregnancy test.
Top Homemade Pregnancy Test Myths
- A homemade pregnancy test can tell you the sex of your baby: No sex hormones come in your urine and so no homemade pregnancy test can tell you the sex of your baby.
- Homemade pregnancy tests are always positive: No, it is not the case with color changing homemade pregnancy test. The frothing in homemade pregnancy test might show a false pregnancy test. But they it settles for giving the correct pregnancy test result.
- DIY pregnancy tests are 100% accurate: No over the counter pregnancy test or a homemade pregnancy test is 100% accurate. Only a doctor can give a 100% accurate pregnancy test.
- Homemade pregnancy tests tell you about your pregnancy condition: No. Homemade pregnancy tests simply test your pregnancy and do not tell you anything about how well your pregnancy is going to head. This is the reason why you should visit a doctor.
- DIY home made pregnancy tests are way cheaper than home pregnancy test kit: No, they are not. They are cheap or free only in the sense that they don’t buy it in the name of a pregnancy test. However one has to get a pregnancy test done after taking a homemade pregnancy test. So that is like doubling the cost. There are cheap pregnancy tests available in the market, inexpensive as homemade pregnancy test.