When it comes to bitter leaf and pregnancy, There are a lot of questions pregnant women ask like ; can bitter leaf abort pregnancy? All about bitter leaf juice and pregnancy, How to make bitter leaf soup in pregnancy? and the effects of bitter leaf and early pregnancy. read on to get your answers non all these.
About Bitter Leaf
Bitter leaf plant can be found in different parts of the world like Africa, tropical Asia, and so on. it is popularly known as Ewuro amongst the Yoruba, Onugbu by the Igbo and called shiwaka by the Hausa. Botanically called Vernonia Amygdalina. This plant has been used by traditional locals to treat different ailment, diseases, due to the medicinal value and healing potentials present in this vegetable.
Bitter leaf and Pregnancy and The Health benefit of bitter leaf in Pregnancy
With all the health benefits of bitter leaf, it is safe for pregnant women to eat bitter leaf. either by chewing it raw as it is known to help some control nausea, or by making bitter leaf soup with it. The overall health benefits and rich nutrients present in bitter leaf is definitely good for a pregnant woman and her her born baby. unless she is allergic to it.
Can Bitter leaf abort Pregnancy ?
like we said either in early pregnancy or through out the entire course of pregnancy their is no known side of bitter leaf either eaten fresh or raw. consult your doctor if your case is special or if you have any premonition towards bitter leaf consumption. Effects of bitter leaf on early Pregnancy is not detrimental to the mother or child however consume in moderation and always dilute the juice if you wish to have some. add enough water or better still make a nice pot of bitter leaf soup. If you wish to learn How to make bitter leaf soup in pregnancy go to our bitter leaf soup page. How ever the recipe is not that different from regular bitter leaf soup.
Other Bitter Leaf Benefits
- Bitter leaf contains an antiseptic that is very effective to reduce body heat . The content of andrographolide lactose, glycosides, diterpene, and flavonoids serve to reduce fever.
- How to use it, to boil 10 grams of dried bitter leaf, 25 grams dried turmeric tuber (2.5thumbs),and 200cc of water, boil until the water boils and stay 100cc,then strain. When still warm add 100cc or mahogany cotton flower honey and stir well, divide into three parts, take three times a day.
- Bitter leaf can be used to treat hydatidiform mole, trophoblastic tumor and lung tumor which was the forerunner of cancer.
- Bitter leaf can prevent liver disease, improve the immune system, anti cancer and so forth.
- Bitter leaf extract can inhibit the growth and development of breast cancer cells.
- Bitter leaf extract when combined with turmeric has the ability to inhibit cancer cell growth.
- Bitter leaf can improve the body’s defense systems such as the production of white blood cells that attack bacteria.
- Bitter leaf is high in potassium which helps with hypertension. Potassium compounds provide help to lower blood pressure and water content of bitter leaf 10% at a dose of 0.3ml/kg body weight can lower blood sugar levels. this is how to make it A handful of fresh bitter leaf, boiled with 3 cups of water for 3 to 4 hours and filtered . drink one cup two times a day.
- Bitter leaf is used to treat itching by mixing 1gram of bitter leaf and 1gram of ginger root then blend all ingredients until smooth like powder, dilute the mixture water and then drink three times a da
- To cure malaria with bitter leaf get a handful of bitter leaf boiled in four cups of water to stay alone and drink three times a day.
- Bitter leaf can also be used to treat bacillary dysentery disease, saying bacillary dysentery disease is a disease is a disease of the gastrointestinal tract while the stools is known to contain blood with or without mucus.How to use bitter leaf for this is to get dried bitter leaf, boiled I 3cups of water, and drink half cup two times a day after chilling.
- To treat typhoid with bitter leaf, saying washing 10-15 the bitter leaf, boil with water and left to 1cup then take the water and pour honey and drink it warm three times a day.