The benefits of bitter leaf and scent leaf or health benefits of bitter leaf and scent leaf juice together cannot be over emphasized. Both plants are used as vegetables and herbs because of the numerous health benefits they have. Whether they are consumed together or individually the health benefit of bitter leaf and scent leaf are numerous.
Uses of Scent Leaf
- It aids digestion. If you are the type of person that eats late at night, it is likely you will experience indigestion and bloating. Scent leave has immense health beneﬁts such as easy bowel evacuation and weight management.
- It can be used to treat stomach ache, diarrhoea, chronic dysentry and vomitin. The aqueos extracts of the scented leaf can be taken to relief ear ache and colon pains. The leaves decoction is used in treatment of mental illness.
- The leave can be used to treat oral infections. Say bye bye to smelly mouth as scent leave will kill all the bacteria in your mouth. and also prevent tooth decay and bad breath.
- It is used in the treatment of fungal infections, fever, cold and catarrh.Squeezed nchanwu leaves are applied on the skin for treating skin diseases and ringworm.
- Nchanwu oil can be used as food preservative due to its anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties.
- Scent leaves can also be used for the prevention and treatment of malaria, catarrh, cough and fever.
- The aqueous extracts of the scented leaf can be taken to relieve ear ache and colon pains.
- The stick of this leaf is being used by some people as a local chewing stick.
- When left to dry and burnt, this leaves could serve as a mosquito repellent.
Health Benefits of Bitter Leaves (Onugbu / Ewuro)
1. It increases the rate of metabolism in the body system thereby improving loss of weight.
2. It contains anti-parasite, anti-bacteria properties that is needed to cure malaria, therefore for its an anti-malaria.
3. It detoxify the blood, prevents indigestion, rheumatism, scurvy and nourishes the skin.
4. Prevents diabetes, regular intake of bitter leaf in your diet, helps to counter the effects of excess sugar in your blood stream, thereby reducing the high level of sugar in the blood.
5. Cure common skin diseases, such as eczema, ying worms, rashes etc, just by squeezing the leaves and apply it to the parts affected.
6. Bitter leaf juice when taken by nursing mothers, improve the quality and production of breast milk.
7. Cures mild stomach ailment, pile, fight liver problems, and energizes you.
8. Finally its a rich source of vitamins, such as Vitamin A, vitamin B1 & B2 which are needed by our body
Health Benefits of Bitter Leaf and Scent Leaf
After a careful observation of the benefits of bitter leaf and scent leaf juice it is obvious that they are loaded with nutrients for overall health and wellness together they boost immunity and control the growth of cancer cells etc.