About Scent Leaf
Most of us are not aware of scent leaf uses & benefits otherwise known as Ocimum gratissimum popularly known as scent leaf, efirin(Yoruba), nchanwu leaf(Igbo) and daidoya(hausa). Efirin, daidoya, nchanwu or ,benefits of scent leaf water whose botanical name is Ocimum gratissimum, is a tropical plant species that belongs to the family of Labiatae. It is usually a homegrown shrub used mainly as spices for cooking delicacies due to its unique aromatic taste. Scent leaves are high in calcium,phophurus, iron, potassium, carbon and vitamin A . The scent leave has been reported to be rich in plants chemicals. Oil from the leaves has been shown to posses antiseptic, antibacterial, and antifungal activities. For those of us asking questions related to scent leaf like : uses of scent leaf ,scent leaf and fertility, scent leaf and diabetes, scent leaf and weight loss, scent leaf and infertility and so on. just read on to get your answers.
Health Benefits of Scent Leaf OR Uses of Scent Leaf
- Scent leave aids digestion. If you are the type of person that eats late at night, it is likely you will experience indigestion and bloating. Scent leave has immense health beneﬁts such as easy bowel evacuation and weight management.
- Scent leave can be used to treat stomach ache, diarrhoea, chronic dysentry and vomitin. The aqueos extracts of the scented leaf can be taken to relief ear ache and colon pains. Scent leaf decoction is used in treatment of mental illness.
- Scent leave can be used to treat oral infections. Say bye bye to smelly mouth as scent leave will kill all the bacteria in your mouth and also prevent tooth decay and bad breath.
- It is used in the treatment of fungal infections, fever, cold and catarrh.Squeezed nchanwu leaves are applied on the skin for treating skin diseases and ringworm.
- Nchanwu oil can be used as food preservative due to its anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties.
- Scent leaves can also be used for the prevention and treatment of malaria, catarrh, cough and fever.
- The aqueous extracts of the scented leaf can be taken to relieve ear ache and colon pains.
- The stick of this leaf is being used by some people as a local chewing stick.
- When left to dry and burnt, this leaves could serve as a mosquito repellent.
- Nchanwu seeds can be infused for treating urinary infections,gonorrhoea infection, vaginal douches for vaginitis. From recent finding scent leaf has been found to be useful in the medication for people living with human immunodefficiency virus (HIV) and Acquired immune defficiency syndrom(AIDS).
More scent leaf uses & benefits are detailed below
Scent Leaf and Fertility
All the questions people ask on scent leaf for fertility like is scent leaf good for fertility, scent leaf and conception, scent leaf and female fertility and so on. Scent has benefits for male and female sexual organs. The compounds in Scent can overcome the problem of premature ejaculation in men. The content epigenin fenkhona and eugenol in Scent can facilitate erection.
Additionally, arginine substances contained in the Scent can strengthen sperm vitality and prevent infertility. For scent leaf and female fertility, Scent leaves is rich in anetol and boron compounds, capable of inducing the hormone estrogen. It’s Eugenol compound is also able to kill the fungus that causes vaginal discharge. In addition stigmaasterol substances in the Scent may stimulate the egg maturation. Tannin and zinc reduce the secretion of vaginal fluid, there is also a substance called tryptophan that can delay menopause making scent leaves so if your looking for herbs to help get pregnant fast, herbs to get pregnant fast, fertility herbs for twins, herbs for fertility over 40, herbal teas to increase fertility, natural fertility treatments at home.then consumption of scent leaf is highly recommended.
Scent Leaf and Pregnancy
If your wondering about scent leaf in pregnancy, The key is moderation. Do not eat them raw, or squeeze them to drink the juice, use it to spice your meal, eat sparingly because it may cause miscarriage especially in early pregnancy. now that we know the side effects of scent leaf during pregnancy it has its benefits too.
Scent leaves are rich in boron and anetol compounds and are capable of help in the development of the hormone estrogen. Scent leaf can boost the immune system as it contains a lot of vitamins and nutrients.
Pregnant women very often experience some stomach discomforts, scent leaf can help with this problem as it has the ability to relieve cramps. Another problem affecting pregnant women is a headache. Scent leaf can help with this too.
Scent leaf has also been used as a cough and cold treatment; treats fever and malaria; kills bacteria (antiseptic). It helps to cure indigestion; lowers blood sugar; relieves heartburn and is healthy for the heart.
Scent Leaf and Weight Loss
Seeds of scent leaf are the regular sorbent of vegetable birthplace, and are utilized for weight reduction, expel cholesterol, overabundance water, and destructive substances. Individuals additionally use for weight reduction a mixed drink of swollen in water seeds with the option of any juice, tea or yogurt. This drink can be taken in boundless amounts.