If you ever have wanted to buy the freshest and most edible dry bitter leaves (Onugbu / Ewuro) without going through the stress of the market? Then look no further than Bellarmart to get the best prices of fresh and edible dry bitter leaves. On this website you can order for locally farmed and processed bitter leaves (Onugbu / Ewuro) online and get the best prices of dry Onugbu / Ewuro cheaper than what you will pay in any market around you. At Bellarmart, you can order all kinds of vegetables online at the best prices and still enjoy the freshness you can get from any vegetable you have ordered.
On Bellarmart you can get affordable prices of fresh, edible and low priced vegetables for sale straight from the farm and delivered to your doorstep in any part of Nigeria or abroad.
About Dry Bitter Leaves (Onugbu / Ewuro)
Bitter leaf as the name implies, is a plant that is often known for its bitter taste, but underneath that bitterness, are useful and numerous health benefits, that is highly needed by our body.
The plant precisely in Nigeria is very a common vegetable that is abundantly grown almost everywhere in the country. it is popularly known as Ewuro amongst the Yoruba, Onugbu by the Igbo and called shiwaka by the Hausa.
Botanically called Vernonia Amygdalina, this shrub has been used by traditional locals to treat different ailment, diseases, due to the medicinal value and healing potencies present in this vegetable.
However the vegetable can be prepared by jucing it with your blender,juicer,or you can do it the local way by adding little water to the leaves rubbing it on your palm and squeezing the juice out of it. another way of preparing it is by cooking it as a soup ( Bitter Leaf soup a popular delicacy amongst the Southeast people of Nigeria). But it works effectively when its jucied.
Health Benefits of Dry Bitter Leaves (Onugbu / Ewuro)
1. It increases the rate of metabolism in the body system thereby improving loss of weight.
2. It contains anti-parasite, anti-bacteria properties that is needed to cure malaria, therefore for its an anti-malaria.
3. It detoxify the blood, prevents indigestion, rheumatism, scurvy and nourishes the skin.
4. Prevents diabetes, regular intake of bitter leaf in your diet, helps to counter the effects of excess sugar in your blood stream, thereby reducing the high level of sugar in the blood.
5. Cure common skin diseases, such as eczema, ying worms, rashes etc, just by squeezing the leaves and apply it to the parts affected.
6. Bitter leaf juice when taken by nursing mothers, improve the quality and production of breast milk.
7. Cures mild stomach ailment, pile, fight liver problems, and energizes you.
8. Finally its a rich source of vitamins, such as Vitamin A, vitamin B1 & B2 which are needed by our body.